Structure of Inspiration for Success
Just to explain a bit more about the structure and purpose of the different parts of this website. The site started as a WordPress site and Worpress knows ‘posts’ and ‘pages‘, where posts basically are blog posts and pages are, well pages.
Posts and pages
intention is to make and keep the posts as individual messages from owners and contributors of this site, where posts just give individual opinions and such, where the pages part has more objective information, although we want the pages part still have a personal touch, not only based on research, but also based on personal opinions and experiences of contributors to the site.
As of the moment, I, Guus, as the initiator of the project Inspiration for Success, have decided to write a post every day, so you can expect at least a post a day. Often I also add some pages or little things to the site when I make a post, so just know every day you can expect something new here.
As I want the site to be a ‘group site’ based on the Master Mind principle of Napoleon Hill and my personal challenge to learn to cooperate better my intention is to have each of the group members also to create posts regularly.
Rules for writting a post or page
- Keep in mind that the most important elements in a web page are its title tag and its meta description. It’s the first thing people see (in a search engine). So choose and set these wisely.
- You can set the page title, the meta description tag and the meta keywords tag using WordPress custom fields. In order to see the custom fields you have to turn on the screen option ‘custom fields’.
- Currently used custom fields are ‘title’, ‘description’ and ‘keywords’. If the title custom field is not set the normal WordPress title will be used. If the custom field description is not set the default site description will be used as the description meta tag.
- Until now posts don’t really need h1, h2, etc. tags as in general they are small. For this reason for ‘posts’ the post title is set to ‘h1’. For the future is planned to let the theme check if there are h1 tags in the post or page and set the title to p or h1 accordingly.
- Pages are supposed to have structure where, according to Active Discovery Designs rules the title has the html class ‘pagetitle’ and the first level headings is h1.
- Headings and paragraphs should in general have no lay-out. The lay-out should only come from the stylesheet.
- Quotes are italic and indented 5%.
- Images on a page are right aligned with ‘float’ and given a margin and padding of 0px, except left and bottom margin are set to 16px.
- Names of people related to the quote are not italic and should link to Wikipedia opening in a new page.
- Site pages should in general open in the same window or tab. External pages should open in a new window or tab.
- As of the moment the categories are used more or less as tags. General rule is to give a page or post only one to three categories.
- There is no decision yet about the use of tags.
Created by Guus on May 17, 2013