We have the power
We are the masters of our fate, the captains of our souls because we have the power to control our thoughts. This is one of the major things that Napoleon Hill tries to convey in Think and Grow Rich. The idea that the dominating thoughts in our minds basically define our destiny can be found in many places and philosophies. It is stated that our brains become ‘magnetized’ with the dominating thoughts in our minds and that we attract the forces, the people and the circumstances in life in that way.
So if e.g. we want to accumulate riches, we need to make ‘riches’ the dominating thought in our mind. But be careful, the riches needs to become the dominating thought, not the lack of riches.
Napoleon Hill also states that we first need to create the desire and when we have created that the rest will follow as the desire will drive us to create definite plans to acquire the money and make us move.
Easy, not hard
And the whole thing is stated to be easy, not hard, which we believe is true. Or maybe it is just simple and not really easy. Simple like:
- Know what you want (could be induced by checking what you don’t want).
- Think about it, indulge in it in your mind.
- Imagine that the thing you think about is already there.
- Let your thoughts ‘attract’ the right forces, people and circumstances or
Expect, listen, and allow it to happen.
So depending on where you are you may want to check some of our exercises or tools:
- To learn how to better control your thoughts go to control thought exercises.
- To create or relight your desire go to desire exercises.
You may also want to continue on the page How to control your thoughts.